Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:14:10 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: guy broken down in N. California - if anyone hears from this
              person ............
Comments: To: mdrillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

Good to get your message. I was frustrated about that mis-understanding. that sure is not what I said. not even slightly. If you give me his phone # I'll call him back. I don't really want to go off on this 30 hour rescue mission, or at lleast 20 hours........ and it's not convenient schedule-wise....... but for decent $ I would. If I 'mapped out' my driving time, gas costs, and time fixing the van...........I could probably come up with 500 dollars , but he's the one who thought he heard 800 and I had no said any numbers at all.

I told him to give careful attention to where the wires enter the side of the distrubutor - try wibbling those wires. He has two coils, but not sure if the 2nd one is the right type. pretty much it has to be the distrubtor, coil, wires and gournds , or ecu.

our cell connection was pretty bad- which seems to happen a lot lately. parts wise........I can bring 3 sets of everything. IU'm sure I could fix it, or in worst case, find out what the problem is in case I somehow didn't bring the right part/s. Thanks for repsonding Mark, scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "mdrillock" <mdrillock@cox.net> To: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 6:05 PM Subject: Re: guy broken down in N. California - if anyone hears from this person ............