Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:42:18 -0700
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Report on New Springs
Comments: To: Stephen Arbaugh <sneekerz@comcast.net>
Comments: cc: Wetwesties <Wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

RE: 12v Fridge Steve, I feel your joy when it comes to the DC refrigerators. I took off late Friday afternoon and ran up to Oak Harbor for Friday and Saturday nights, helping with a star party for some students from NAS Whidbey. By the time I got to Oak Harbor and set up in the camp ground the Norcold was at 39 degrees. Just turn the switch and forget it. Well worth the money and effort for me.

BTW, the reason I mentioned the squeak going away is that most assume that it will be the upper control arm bushings. The mechanic doing the work had assumed that. But the bushings were fine and tight. But the boots were long gone on the upper ball joints and one was very rusty. I assume that is where the squeak was. I had no indication in the handling or steering or tire wear that the ball joints might be at risk or causing any problems.