Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:10:01 -0700
From:         Michael Diehr <md03@XOCHI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dometic Piezo Electric
Comments: To: Paul Connelly <vanagonhummingbird@GMAIL.COM>

Paul,

I just R&Rd my dometic, and noticed that the piezo part's screws were loose and it had slipped back a bit -- end result was that you really had to push the button on the front panel in far to get it to spark at all. I tightened the screws and bent the metal bracket forward a tiny bit, which helped.

Wondering if a loose/bent bracket could be causing a weak spark for you? do you get a strong spark if you push the sparker button directly instead of using the front panel control?