Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:05:54 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Too Much (Vanagon) Information;  was: Re: California Camper Tops
              Vs. VW Camper tops

My 'vanagon hold' folder on my 'puter has 18998 msgs in it. I had this idea when I joined that I would keep posts with information I thought would be useful or interesting, and then I started keeping threads in which I had been involved.

Once upon a time I had an ambition to distill this stuff, as I went along, into a compendium, sort of my own '(Nearly) Complete List of Vanagon Tips, Tricks and Facts from the Vanagon List'. Didn't happen. Probably never will.

I need to at least go through and weed out the non-technical stuff and separate out the working links. For one thing, opening a folder that large will almost lock up Outlook Express. I figure a half-hour a day for the next five years should do it, eh? : \

I left my Gmail account working as a backup; most of this stuff predates that account. I could combine what I want to keep out of the both of them one way or the other, but I want to have my stash local in case I don't have internet access for whatever reason.

Cya, Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jake de Villiers" <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:06 AM Subject: Re: California Camper Tops Vs. VW Camper tops