Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:54:49 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: California Camper Tops Vs. VW Camper tops
Comments: To: robertmstewart@MAC.COM

you can buy the Country Homes style new too, I believe. I don't like them much ..........but they sell for 2 grand or so..........????

and............I tracked down the Adventurewagen top fiberglass molds. problem is............unless someone wants to start making stuff out of fiberglass, and triming it all out, windows and all.......... and marketing it properly ...........it's not practical to start making those. But the Adventurewagen high top ......... I'm very picky and critical of many, many designs and design features I see here and there. And except for the weakness of putting windows with moving parts on a slant on the side...........I am massively impressed with the AW high top. Aerodynamically it's great. Considerably better than a westy. that pointy back end that sticks out a bit - that moves the center of pressure aftward some, like an arrow, so it has better directional stabiity at speed. I think the over all affect of 'rounder corners' might make them a little better in gusty sidewinds..........especailly with the right tires. Ton of room in there too - after you 'fix' the stock interior that is. And westy tops...... wish I had saved that one I packed up and shipped to alaska for a guy ! scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Stewart" <robertmstewart@MAC.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:42 PM Subject: Re: California Camper Tops Vs. VW Camper tops