Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:23:34 -0400
From:         pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FS cheap: "Columbus Zelte" westy side-tent

When we bought our westy, it came with a side-tent. At the time I thought this was the coolest thing ever. Anyways, the first time I set up the tent (fortunately not on a trip) one of the poles collapsed, and I decided this side-tent was not for me. Does anybody want it? I'd love to get $50 for it, but if there are no takers at that, I'll go lower or give it away.

It's white, and was made by "Columbus". According to the original instructions (in german!) which, amazingly, I have, it is either the "Nomad" or the "Casablanca", or perhaps both? (One is those is the frame, one of those is the tent?) Anyways, the tent is too old to find anything about it online. It is white, and the fabric seemed in pretty good shape. As I said, the poles will need to be straightened/repaired or replaced. Since I only tried setting it up on the grass before it collapsed, I cannot be absolutely sure that it has all of the little clamps originally used to attach to the van.

Please let me know if you are interested!

The tent is in central NJ

-Wes '83 1.9l manual westy