Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:56:39 -0700
From:         B <oddstray@ODDSTRAY.COM>
Subject:      Re: Least Steep Passes over the Sierra Nevadas? (for a stock
              Vanagon Westy)?

Hi,

S has taken Ebbetts Pass on his m'cycle. He says, "I understand!".

He reckons the freeway (Hwy 80 through Truckee and Donner Pass) would be the least insane route, since truckers have to use it.

And, you have accurately grasped the geography of the Sierra. Imagine a brick laying north-south that was pushed up under its east side. That's the shape of the Sierra.

Some of the topographical software (for example 'Topo') will let you create elevation profiles.

B&S '87 Westy 'Esmerelda Blanc' SoCal