Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Jul 2008 20:30:41 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Check for rust while fridge is out! (PICS)
Comments: To: neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

all true. what 'gets me' is that rust is quite easy to stop. the seam rust is tricky- to get down in there in the crivices...... but you dig out the rust there.........then treat the metal with rust prep or whatever you want to call it..... then paint it with something decent and it's pretty stopped.

on the inside.., well, .......I do feel for vans that sit outside all winter in damp and wet clmates. There is nothing like ventilation. Just covered up doesn't work. Has to be covered and well ventilated. Is there rust at the base of any of your side windows ? that might be how moisture got behind the kitchen stuff. But once you find it and address it - that's the first and worst step with rust. . Hope you can keep her/he/it dry , or fairly dry this winter !

----- Original Message ----- From: "neil N" <musomuso@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:12 PM Subject: Re: Check for rust while fridge is out! (PICS)