Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:32:04 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: coolers from swampy.net
Comments: To: Florian Speier <groups.florian@GMAIL.COM>

Swamp Coolers work very well in the hot arid climates. I had one on my house when I lived in Espanola', NM. My unit was a big fan that blew hot dry air from outside through a cooling mist that then passed through a wood fiber mesh. The mist both cooled the air and wet the wood fiber which further cooled the air as it passed through going into the house.

A caution - Swamp Coolers need to be set up for full air flow-thru. In a house, if the windows are not left open so the incoming cooled but moist air can escape, you house will become damp inside and the cooling efficiency will be lost. Same is true on a portable unit that might be used on a vehicle The cool damp air must continually be exhausted.

And by the way - it really IS true air conditioning. It just conditions the air differently than the way most people think about it.

Air Conditioning (in the most common sense), Air Conditioning ( as in Swamp Coolers) and Air Conditioning (as in Air Heaters) are all properly termed Environmental Conditioners, the activity is Environmental Conditioning, and the product is a Conditioned Environment.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver Chelsea, AL

Florian Speier wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I am about to buy a cooler from swampy.net, specifically the mw1 or t154. > While I know that this is not real ac, which I plan to add next winter or > so, I wonder how good they are in the american west. Anyone have any > experience? > > Florian > > >