Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:17:22 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine Racing (not racing engine...)
Comments: To: Evan Mac Donald <vanagon_dad@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

there's a ball pivot at the end of the throttle cable where it connects to the transmission lever. I have seen these very rusted. Kinda buried up in there too, not real easyt to see or reach.........and they never get lubed....... might want to take a look at that part too. I also make it a standard practice to remove the forward part of the throttle cable from the white plastic tube in the van's body...........blow that tube out with compressed air ........then feed the cable back into the tube lubing it as it's inserted.

also the bell crank under the gas pedal.........and even junk around the gas pedal..........all that needs to be checked. to get at the forward end of the throttle cable, remove the spare tire, remove the cover from the bell crank ( 4 phillips screws ) ........and clean and lube that area over well. scott ----- Original Message ----- From: "Evan Mac Donald" <vanagon_dad@SBCGLOBAL.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 8:34 PM Subject: Re: Engine Racing (not racing engine...)