Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:02:41 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Securing Loads was Porta Potties
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

While recently transporting a Keg of root-beer in my vanagon, i discovered the need to tie things down first hand, regardless of how short the trip. With the keg tapped and in the upright position sitting behind the drivers seat, in a cut up barell full of ice...... i was "asked to leave" from a public park for unknown and most likely unrelated reasons. While the officer of the moment so kindly and eagerly forced me to leave as quickly as possible, i was unable to secure said keg in my standard fashion, with good quality Nylon Lines that normally make up the forestay of an old sailboat, strapped around the lower half of the drivers seat. Well as the motion of the vehicle began, the speed increased, and the subsequent and eventual direction changes occurred, the mostly full keg of root-beer slid dangerously across the hardwood floors of my vanagon before smashing up the shag carpeting area rug and using it as a damper while coming to a rest against the legs of the under aged (drinking wise) occupants of the back seat. No one was injured in this hasty ordeal, but the lesson was learned as the scratches on the hardwood floor will remind me for future years and future root-beer based endeavors, that you must always secure your keg, regardless of it's contents in a secure and well thought out way.

This has been your College Student Tip of the Friday! -Craig '85GL