Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Jul 2008 14:43:16 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon Digest - 25 Jul 2008 - Special issue (#2008-780)
Comments: To: Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>

People might also notice the AT shifter mechanism is built specifically to accomodate shfting from 3rd to 2nd and back easily, no need to hold in the button -= and it can't go further, either way, than you want.

If you're in 3rd, and want 2nd, you just move the lever back one notch, even just slap it back almost, no need to hold in the button.........it's made so it won't go all teh way into 1st unless you hold the button in. Same on the upshift from 2nd to 3rd.....just nudge it forward , even just bang if forward - it can't go into R or P unless you hold the button in. This is a feature of vanagon automatic transimissons, that some y people don't know about. And I can think of a few others too.......

examples of vanagon features that some people don't know about : - the built-in funnel on the oil filler tube. - the temp control lever on the rear heater under the back seat. - how the heater levers work - which is not logical, and not explained well either in the owner's manual. - and I've seen two adult males who could not figure out how to use the stock jack !! but that's an exception - I sure hope !! scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Collum" <collum@VERIZON.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:05 AM Subject: Re: vanagon Digest - 25 Jul 2008 - Special issue (#2008-780)