Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:40:58 -0400
From:         Edward Duntz <eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      skylight kits

I removed my cracked and leaking skylight shortly after buying my '85 Westfalia five years ago and replaced it with a piece of Plexiglas. There were a few salvageable parts, but I have since lost them. I have the knob, cover under it, and the roller piece. The hinges and hardware are gone. I have checked out Bus Depot, GoWesty, and The Skylight Guy web sites. While I don't need everything to start from scratch, I thought I'd get a kit and start with all new parts. The Skylight Guy kit doesn't seem to include quite as much, and the GoWesty kit seems to be complete with screen and shade for the lowest price. The only drawback is that their kit has white knob and cover. Bus Depot doesn't mention what parts are included, or if it includes the screen and cover. Their individual pieces offer a choice of brown or grey, so maybe the kits do as well, instead of white. They also don't mention if the kit is for a single or double wall skylight. I think I have the screen and shade somewhere, so I might be able to get away with ordering parts and saving money. Does anyone have any comments on these kits? I can call on Monday to have these questions answered, but I'd like to be ready to order on Monday morning. I'm expecting my Vitrifrigo fridge on Monday or Tuesday, and I'd like to have that installed and then do the skylight next. I'm hoping to be absolutely ready for Buses of the Corn the weekend after next. Thanks, Ed Duntz in CT _________________________________________________________________ Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_video_072008