Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:40:10 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Soggy brake pedal
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

Yah, the "problem" is that I have another vanagon with awesome brakes.

Both are 91 syncros. The one with the mushy brakes is the Westy (the other is a non-GL passenger syncro). Both have Smallcars disc brakes in the rear, and upgraded front disk brakes (South African on the Westy, Audi on the passenger).

So I step on the brakes on the passenger, and it's simply great. Step on the brakes on the Westy and it's not quite panic inducing, but definitely gives you something to think about.

Guess it's time to dig out the Bentley and investigate the booster (have a master brake cylinder on hand, so figure, if I have to go in there, I'll do both at the same time.