Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:00:32 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replace oil filler neck - EH?
Comments: To: Chris S <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM>

it's accessible. barely. use a good 13mm 12 point box wrench, one with a thing 'wall' , like a snap-on. you can barely get 1/6th of a turn each time, and sometimes you have to flip the wrench over each time to get 1/12th of a 'grab' on the nut. but it'll come off there.

here's a trick...........assuming you have another nut - you unscrew that hard to access one with a small chisel and hammer. But you can get it with a good quality box wrench. scott ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris S" <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:34 PM Subject: Replace oil filler neck - EH?