Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:14:06 -0400
From:         B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Re: VW's New Chattanooga Plant

>> I think the Routan/Grand Caravan is just the first step, seeing of they can sell a mini-van again in the US. Once the numbers come back you will see a new all VW van come out at their own new plant. Only if the Routan is popular though. <<

I agree it's a stop gap measure. They said they are going to build sedans there but I really believe they are going to build their own van their too. VW has to realize the mini-van is dead so the only thing they could build that would be unique and sell would be the microbus concept. The rest of the world had no interest in it but Americans really wanted that van and VW knows it. This is just my theory and I'm sticking with it. :) A TDI microbus concept van would be a great seller and I would not be surprised if VW started putting camper packages on it.

Bryan