Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:27:04 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: $5K Syncro Westy Weekender!
Comments: To: dylan friedman <insyncro@yahoo.com>

ah so it's you ! I don't begrudge you a profit at all. I even wrote on the list that you had the hauling top pay for , etc. are you glad you got it still ?

I just bought an 87 Wolfsburg, a silver one, not running - 'overheated' they said, and with high miles, for $ 950. I had it just sitting at my shop , and a neighbor's delivery truck put a good ding in the left rear - and they have insurance for that sort of thing of course. I had to seal the t-stat housing onto the left head with good silicone as the PO had busted off one of those bolts........ and even though the water pump was shot I got it running enough, without a working w . pump or alternator charging. to drive it across the road, about 800 feet, to a body shop for an estimate. The insurance company sent me a check for $ 1,269 . nice.

then to get it to another body shop further away i did the water pump, cleaned up lots of mess on the inside.........and now I have a running , high miles, pretty nice 87 silver ( called Flash Mettalic Siver ) Wolfsburg vanagon I got basically for free, with dings . lol. scott

----- Original Message ----- From: dylan friedman To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans ; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 4:24 PM Subject: Re: $5K Syncro Westy Weekender!

Well, since I am winning the auction and you guys have made me reread the auction, just to be sure. I see that the alloys are not coming with the van. I sell sets of 4 alloys with tires for $375, so lets take that off the top as well. I'm in over $1,000 already + going to get it and see that this pig may not be worth the time or effort. Time will tell and we shall see if someone, just has to have it and outbids me.

finger crossed, that they do.

dylan

----- Original Message ---- From: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 6:33:48 PM Subject: Re: $5K Syncro Westy Weekender!

if he bought it in Ohio, and had it hauled........and he does mention driving it onto and off the trailer, he liekly had some expense there too. and he's keeping the wheels from it. At least the miles are clear in the ad you show Mark - 220,000. Man , you are so on top of what's going on ! I am finding vanagons with over 200K on them...........and they 'work' ......... and many many parts of them hold up really well too, to their great credit. They just need engine and transmission rebuilds to start with , and so on.

----- Original Message ----- From: "mdrillock" <mdrillock@COX.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 2:55 PM Subject: Re: $5K Syncro Westy Weekender!