Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:58:40 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: stupid question of the day . . .
Comments: To: Thomas Jefferson Kitts <thomas@THOMASKITTS.COM>

normally the battery behind the passenger's seat is the primary and starting battery, and that's the one you'd jump start too - but jump starting is a bad thing to do for either car, the jumper, or the jumpee, and you should really try to avoid doing that. normally the other battery is the House or Aux battery. the way I tell what's wired to what is by disconnecting each battery one at a time. if things are right...........disconnecting the starting battery will have no affect on house lighting, say. Those won't go out until the Aux battery is disconnected if things are working right.

two other things - personally, i've never trusted isolators very much. Would much rather have plane ole manual control of when a battery is connected. # 2 .........be sure to never have the engine runing and no battery connected to the alternator. or stated in the positibve - always make sure there is a battery connected in the circuit any time the alternator is turning . scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Jefferson Kitts" <thomas@THOMASKITTS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 11:03 PM Subject: stupid question of the day . . .