Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:06:51 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Towing an Automatic Vanagon. Cutting the drive axles?
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com>

attention craig what are the tow vehicle options available to you- Translated - is the vehicle with which you are pulling the trailer at least twice as heavy in gross vehicle weight than the load you are pulling this is very important - you need a vehicle with sufficient whoa and considerable go- and to tow a trailer of any sort you require a bit of experience - my self ... former professional driver of BIG RIGS Currently safety manager for company with BIG RIGS my self ... grew up on farm using trailers all the time trailers change everything you know about going either forward or backward trailers change everything about steering -stopping- turning -

with all the experience i have had doing it right - i have still had several incidents that should never have occurred i call the professionals for any road tows cause i dont have the vehicle suitable for the job call a towing professional- let them do the job- yours

-- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ----------------------------------------------------------- View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364