Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:37:06 -0400
From:         Karl Mullendore <groups@WESTYVENTURES.COM>
Subject:      Re: Got the wrong Vitrifrigo!
Comments: To: Richard A Jones <jones@colorado.edu>

Mine had the power box attached to the fridge and sliding latch. Apparently I got a newer production than the bulk of the ones at Commercial Products, since I purchased mine elsewhere. Photo: http://westyventures.com/images/Vitrofrigorear.jpg

Nice job on the drawer! I have my [now non-functional!] battery charger stored under. An external switch is definitely on the list, now that I've used it more.

Karl

Richard A Jones wrote: > Karl: Based on my sample (of 3, maybe 4!) it appears that the external > power box and the sliding fridge latch go together; internal > power stuff and pin latch go together. Is that correct? > > I watched my "Invitrio" on a couple of trips and in warm/hot > conditions--interior of the camper >80 degrees, mine ran > 4 min, then off 8 min. So 1/3rd of the rated 2.7 amps/hr > means about 1 amp per hour max. Much, much less at night > when temps were ~50 degrees; maybe 35-45 minutes between > running. > > A pic of how I mounted my control box under the drawer is at: > http://jones.colorado.edu/jones/Vitrifrigo > I put a little 12V rocker switch up there with it to control > the 12V from the battery--so I can clean mine out, leave the > door open to dry--and have the light off. ;-) > > And, Karl, thanks for discovering this fridge and telling > all of us about it!! > > Richard > > >