Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Aug 2008 09:02:48 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Heh -- I'm such a ninnyhammer
Comments: To: dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET

If electrical parts change their characteristics enough to be of concern, they have failed. The idle mixture adjustment on the 1.9 AFM is critical to avoid the idle hunt syndrome. Opening the AFM to play with the tension spring should not be done. The only AFM I have ever replaced were tampered with by others. If the gauge is not the cause of causing the ECU to go into run away enrichment with the sensor disconnected, then something else is still wrong. The theory is real easy to test. Nothing connected to the O2 sensor input, measure the voltage with a good DMM. Then connect the dash meter and measure again, if the voltage dropped then this can be a problem. Notice I said can. I do not know the characteristics of this dash meter. It may have an extremely high input resistance so as to make no difference at all.

Dennis