Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Aug 2008 09:28:25 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cracked exhaust pipe/Smog check
Comments: To: wognacious@GMAIL.COM

If the steel is still sound an exhaust shop may be able to quickly weld it for you. Exhaust cracks near the heads are not trivial. Not only does exhaust escpae but outside air can be sucked in. Out side air hitting the back of exhasut valves can make for warped them. Seen if from blown out exhaust gaskets.

Dennis