Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:42:12 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Joe's 85GL
Comments: To: Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>

this is a classic fuel 'seep'. Have seen it a number of times. on vanagons. there's a 'firewall plastic fitting' ........... it's bolted to the firewall right above the stater, more or less. The feed from the fuel tank to the fuel rail or 'fuel loop' on the engine goes through this fitting. hoses are crimped onto both ends of it. I've seen them leak on the 'other' side of the firewall...........away from the engine side of the firewall.

the repair is ....... cut that crimp type hose clamp off and put on a screw type. better yet, bypass that firewall plastic fitting gizmo entirely , and get a barbed brass hose connector from your FLAPS........ and install it, with screw type hose clamps, to join the hoses. And toss that firewall fitting gizmo.

very early vans, like 83 waterboxer may have a metal fitting there. Those I trust more. The plastic ones, no. scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Fortino" <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 10:09 AM Subject: Joe's 85GL