Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Aug 2008 10:00:03 -0700
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Heh -- I'm such a ninnyhammer
Comments: To: mdrillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

I'm studying the wrong stuff! --- :^)

I'll keep searching. Thanks Mark.

Neil.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:36 AM, mdrillock <mdrillock@cox.net> wrote: > This link does not contain much that pertains to stock Vanagon ECUs. The > historical and technical inaccuracies make me wonder if it was written > by a student. > > As early as 1967 VW sold cars in North America that had ECUs controlling > electronic fuel injectors.They sold lots of them. VW Vans did not get > fuel injection until 1974, for the 75 model year. > > Mark > > neil N wrote: >> >> I have been loosely following this thread. Lately I have been >> generally curious about how engine ECU's work. >> >> I found this page. >> >> http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3064 >> >> May be of interest to some. I know it shed a *little* light for me. >> >> Cheers, >> >> Neil. >> >> >> >> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> >> wrote: >> >>> The decisin for the ECU to attempt closed loop operation is based on >>> coolant >>> temparature, time engine running, and throttle switch/engine rpm. >>> >>> The signal at the O2 sensor input will effect what the ECU tries to do in >>> closed loop operation. >>> >>> Dennis >>> >>> >>> >>> >> >> >> >

-- Neil Nicholson '81 JettaWesty "Jaco http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines http://web.mac.com/tubaneil http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/