Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:24:30 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Van Cafe - How'd they do that?
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>

yes, they're pretty good. I like them.

Everyone loves the cookies that come with the parts........but those are pure refined sugar0' cancer' cookies , so be careful there. You might not think so if your body is say .........35 years old or so. Add some decades on there and start noticing how many people are dying or getting cancer at your age or lower, and .......Well 'some people' are carful about refind 'white man' sugar like that. Pure poison kids. But I love the jesture, and I end up munching them too.

i'm picky. - The 'vanagon alloy wheel lug nuts' they sell for $ 1.00 each - no problem with that price ! To be really accurate .............they could say 'similar to vanagon alloy wheel lug nuts'........ because they are not the same. The contact area in the cone face is noticeably smaller than that of a true vanagon alloy wheel lug nut. Probably will never be a problem............but it is a critical fitment on a critical component and it would be nice if it wasn't claimed to be something it's not actually. it's 'similar'. That's an accurate statement.

but they're good to me, and I'm sure glad they exist ! They are my normal sorce for 'vanagon only' type parts. Now if a set of 4 their 2WD spings and 5 steel 15 inch wheels with lug nuts and mounting bolts wasn't well over a grand.................. Vanagons Rule ! scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Loren Busch" <starwagen@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 12:34 PM Subject: Re: Van Cafe - How'd they do that?