Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:20:28 -0400
From:         Oliver Mueller-Heubach <groundhogging@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Why plug the dash air intake screen?
Comments: To: Joy Hecht <hecht.joy@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Joy (and Matilda!) good to hear from you! :) How have you been?

Thanks Chris for the link on fixing vents "the long way." That may happen down the road- maybe if I strip Chopstick down for blasting and powdercoating. For the time being, I'll see how he does once I get the accordion tubes back in- whether it is cooking me or not. I don't have AC, so it can't harm that. I may just leave the tubes off if it is unbearable and put them on in winter. Likewise, I'll make some sort of magnetic cover for the intake that I can just pop on in the fall and off in the spring. It is tempting to rig some sort of swamp cooler in the intake- just a slop-proof trough for ice and water with a drain tube down by the spare tire. Maybe if I find a poor condition grill I can cut the middle and make it hinged so I can reload the ice. Or I could just get an air conditioner..lol I like the window mounted swamp coolers- there was a really boxy one on the Samba a while ago- would have looked hideous on anything but a Vanagon. The ones that sit on the floor/under dash are nice, but rather have the extra space