Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:34:21 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: (LVC) Friday: Wrong Way Driver & Vegi Carnage on Interstate-5
              on way home driving new to me VW LT35
Comments: To: Donna Skarloken <dskarloken@gmail.com>

On 8/1/08, Donna Skarloken <dskarloken@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hazards of I-5 during Tomato season. They're not prevalent up here by > Sac just yet - passed cucumbers yesterday (not on the pavement but in a > truck thankfully!). My car is filthy as we've been working on my house so I > haven't washed anything, and Syncro is quite ill - getting new heads because > we can't decide what other motor we would put in it. Syncro needs to take > tourist friends to SF real soon so I am calling the shop today to make sure > they're making progress. > > My husband was annoyed because he just washed his Freightliner with all the > chrome and huge Texas bumper; down south by Kettleman City a tomato tub > passed, leaking all that dirty water crap. I don't feel so bad I haven't > washed my little bug - the minute I wash it a tomato tub will pass me! > > I'll be working back in SF and be a BART rider for a while - Ms. Syncro > will do BART duty. Sac. is ok but believe it or not I miss the Bay Area. I > won't be battilng the ag trucks so much. Actually I like passing the big > hay trucks - all the hay gets stuck in my grille in the bug, and I look like > I belong at my house where all the alfalfa and oat hay is flying around! > > Got a new horse from my stepdaughter - a Standardbred harness racer just > off the track; his name is Falcon. So I have all modes of transport around > my house! > > Buckarette >

Well, Buckarette, we welcome you back to the Baghdad-by-the-Bay. Believe it or not, that moniker had positive connotations when SF Chron columnist Herb Caen invented it. Nowadays, it is closer to present day Baghdad. Dodge cabbies while they try rustle tourists. Watch out for the out version of IED's placed by Individuals Excreting Dung. Sure, that BART for a Vanagon substitute. Unfortunately, they don't like our vans anymore since they replaced the cars with Italian jobs with flat noses. These cars are supposedly more efficient since they can come and go in either direction. No front car necessary. Think Vanagons which bumped headon and stayed stuck that way forever. OK, I better stop. SF is still the one of the places on earth as far as I am concerned.

From the sound (or read) of your note, you must have a very nice stepdaughter with a very big piggybank. Last time I checked, a real horsey cost more than a yearly headjob. (Mike Miller, take your mind out of the gutter. I said horse with an H. Headjob as in the AMC type on a Vanagon).

"Happy, happy. Joy, joy."

BenT

ps: Van-O-Rama coming soon.