Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Aug 2008 21:08:39 -0400
From:         "Peter T. Owsianowski" <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: [T2] B.N.N.T.A. upcoming event list...

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Bill Bowman <bill@bnnta.com> Date: Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 3:56 PM Subject: [T2] B.N.N.T.A. upcoming event list... To: List - Vanagon <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com>, List - Type 2 < type2@type2.com>

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to get this event reminder message onto the Vanagon List. Could someone on the Type 2 List who is also on the Vanagon List please forward the event listing below to the Vanagon List and perhaps let me know by e-mail if it made it there? Thanks for the helping hand!

Bill Bowman ---------------------------------------------------

"Buses Nowhere Near The Arch #23 (BNNTA)

when: over the upcoming long Labor Day holiday weekend, Friday August 29th thru Monday September 1st, 2008

where: in the Group campground at Indian Creek Recreational Area located right on Mark Twain Lake, about 30 miles to the west of Hannibal, MO (the website has a map link).

All VW's and enthusiasts are welcome to enjoy this BNNTA family-oriented camping event. This event features VW camping in a beautiful Federal campground facility right on a 22 mile long lake in scenic northeastern Missouri, an informal VW Bus show with awards, informal parts swap meet, a highly competitive "best individual and group" campsite decoration/theme contest, a Saturday morning scenic countryside caravan over to historic Hannibal, MO (the home of Samuel Clemens, a.k.a. "Mark Twain"), awards and door prizes on Saturday evening, campfire activities, "slow drags" on Sunday, etc.

I have again reserved the entire group campground for our VW Campout use, and as in past years we will restrict access to VWs only. Your vehicle must be a VW of some type or any era to have vehicle access. If you can't show up with a VW for some reason, contact me (bill@bnnta.com). This means that there won't be an RV or a Ford or Chevy camped next to you! You'll wake up each morning to the beautiful sight of nothing but VWs (and the people who love and care for them) for a far as you can see.

We've kept the event cost as low as possible because we know that fuel costs more these days. Luckily the cost of gas seems to be dropping a bit, so start searching those couch cushions for loose change and make plans to cruise on in to join in on all the fun! The total event/camping fee for each VW for the entire four day weekend is only $30 which we hope will include an event dash plaque. That's right, only $30 for up to four days! An event T-shirt "might" also be available for purchase, we'll see.

If you feel like it, try to bring along a cool VW related goodie or two to donate to the pile of door prizes to be given away to participants on Saturday evening.

For a simple web site with info about this event just go to: http://www.bnnta.com

We are really looking forward to seeing old and new Volkswagen friends streaming into the campground in just under a month from now. So make your plans, tune-up your Bus or other VW, pack her up, and mark the calendar for another great time at the 23rd running of "Buses Nowhere Near The Arch"! You've got four weeks to get ready for the fun!

Bill & Kathryn Bowman http://www.bnnta.com