Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Aug 2008 16:38:03 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need tire and wheel recommendations
Comments: To: Paul Chubbuck <paul@TAKINGFLIGHT.NET>

In that case I'm wondering if you are using proper vanagon tires - reinforced ones, 8 ply, etc. ??

just the size isn't enough information. The max load rating, and max pressure the tire can take all indicate vanagon grade tires. And serious rock road tires 'should' hopefully combine vanagon grade sidewll stiffness and not be easily torn up by rocks. I'm sure off-roaders have to deal with that all the time. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Chubbuck" <paul@TAKINGFLIGHT.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 4:18 PM Subject: Re: Need tire and wheel recommendations