Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:09:34 -0600
From:         miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rear flat at freeway speed...
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

I did purchase the Good Year road hazard warranty with these tires. I guess it's possible that this tire could have been losing air for some time, as it happened on noisy chipcrete(sp?) while tangling with several semis on a long climb....we'll never know. Yes, it was obvious that it was run flat. The local tire shop owner I mentioned is true to his word and that's why he gets most of the business in town. He had most of mine in the past, until this brief interlude, and now he will have it again. I am curious :

> As for a Syncro rotation, When I have to get a new tire, I get two, and > place one front and one opposite rear. This keeps the total axle rpms > matched.

I have read much about rotating tires on the Syncro, but never this. So you could be running two, say 30% worn tires, one front and one opposite rear and the remaining two brand new? I was running Good Year Trailmark 215/75/15s. I don't have them here with me at this time, but, as I recall, they met all the criteria...............if not, I'm getting the funny feeling that I will make this discovery, very soon! They did perform very well on steep, nasty, rocky offroad climbs and were exceptional in the deep snow......

Gracias, Miguel