Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:55:54 -0500
From:         Ben Cichowski <aquasheck@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine Replacement Options
Comments: To: Jon Rizzo <the_rizzos@mac.com>

Hi John, I'm not posting this because, for some reason, every other conversion person is allowed to talk about possibilities...but the purists jump all over Suby guys when they post anything with the word Subaru in it...

If you are interested in the Suby route, but worried about the wiring, I'd suggest hitting the conversion forum and posting a few questions.

In general, I probably wouldn't recommend going with a 2.2 for your Syncro Westy - that vehicle is just too heavy for it. It will certainly be more power than what you have, but if you are going to the trouble of a conversion anyway, I'd steer you toward the 2.5 for your situation.

The wiring is not bad, BTW, those guys on the forum can help you out with nearly any problem you'd run into. 2.2 would be easier than the 2.5 as far as wiring, but there isn't a whole lot of difference.

Check the used 2WD one out carefully...I bought one like that and had to take everything out and re-do the entire conversion.

Ben 88 Wolfsburg ej22

_________________________________________________________________ Get more from your digital life. Find out how. http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home2_082008