Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:16:48 -0700
From:         Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      1.9 available WA state

I'm pulling a 1.9 WBX from an '84 Westy to put a Subaru in and it's for sale. This is the whole engine, engine harness, computer, hoses, mounts, alternator, AC compressor, water pipes, "H" pipe, hoses, clutch assy, O2 sensor, air intake, etc.

I'm keeping the burp tank and bracket and the overflow tank. I'm also keeping the cat & muffler & muffler attach bracket.

In early 1999 the previous owner had rebuilt longblock with new heads installed at 144,400 miles. The van now has 192,537 miles so we are talking about 48,147 miles on the engine. The receipt lists a variety of parts besides the long block/new heads including 2 exhaust pipes and the clutch assy. I have the receipt.

There are however problems... I did a compression test (cold) with these results right before I started to pull it. #1-135, #2-130, #3-80, #4-120. There is a problem with #3. The alternator bracket studs are broken.

The engine did run fine on our one and only trip with it (down the coast to Santa Cruz and back up I-5), I drove it home and backed it up to where it's now sitting.

The engine is still in the '84 right now, things are being disconnected and I hope to have it on the ground tonight (Monday 11 Aug 08) or tomorrow. Right now I'm willing to listen to offers on the whole thing & can help you load it up. After I get the Subie in I'll fix the two problems and take the engine to The Samba and craigslist. I'm in Shelton, WA

If you are interested or have questions let me know. mailto:becida@comcast.net

Rob

becida@comcast.net Western Washington State, USA