Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:36:48 +0000
From:         Todd Last <rubatoguy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Power window won't stay up

I second what Ken says. I had a regulator break at the pop rivet, and even though I was able to fix that part, what I found was that the action of using the window as it is about to break appears to kink the cable - and you are sunk.

The good news is that by replacing the regulator you will notice that the window moves up and down much faster ! If you are replacing the motor or regulator, its also a good time to replace any weatherstripping for the window while you have everything apart.

Todd '88 WEsty

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>