Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:21:22 -0700
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: I are mades it [no real VC]
Comments: To: Mike Elliott <camping.elliott@gmail.com>

Sure. There's very little VC.

But it gave me laff! Good stuff Mike.

I say make the most or your side of the garage. Put all your Vanagon spare parts there!

You do have spare parts right? --- ;^)

Neil N.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Mike Elliott <camping.elliott@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks, all! > > Al Knoll took a picture of me in front of Mellow Yellow during my > drive-by visit. Then, by using some clever and advanced Photoshopping > techniques, he substituted a picture of some old short fat guy in place > of me. Just look at this picture: > > http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/LadybugTrailer/photo#5234382659994281042 > > Clearly, that can't be me. > > @ Stephen G.: This massive undertaking has been in the planning stages > for a couple-three months, so there was plenty of opportunity to > thoroughly botch the job. But so far, so good. The only hitch has been > that the sellers did not get all the work done that was in the contract, > e.g., didn't clean the house (it's a mess), and didn't hire an > electrician to take care of the safety-related problems (aluminum > wiring, wrong breakers in the panel). No worries on either, I'm hiring > folk to take care of those things then will bill the seller back. If > they don't pay the tab, I'll take 'em to small claims court. My family > are a poor but proud people and not normally a litigious bunch but this > is a bit much. > > (No Vanagon content so far . . . ) > > @ Jake de'V.: While the "aerodynamic aids" on the front of Mellow Yellow > probably have negligible influence on wind resistance, they have a great > big fat influence on nighttime visibility: on a dark road the headlights > to a far better job lighting up the bicycles than they do the pavement! > > (Not really Vanagon content, but consider black bikes if you want to > mount them in front like I do ...) > > @ Maggie: I think that an antonym for "fun" is in fact "moving." So, no: > it isn't fun. > > (Etymology ain't Vanagons...) > > @ Roger W.: I have heard of this fabled land of which you speak. Mayhap > the Missus and I will pay a visit! > > (Jeez -- not a bit of content there, either ...) > > @ neil N: Unlikely that I'll have Vanagon workshop here. The two car > garage will house Mrs Squirrel's car and tons of my cr#p. > > (Vanagon content? You be the judge.) > > @ Tom the BZ: 1. I passed a sign on the way that announced that this > stretch of highway had been adopted by the "BZs of Lemoine." Relatives? > 2. w/r/t analyzing effect of trailer aerodynamics on mileage -- screw > that. Now that the Big Drive is over I'm content to drink beer and watch > the sun set. Oregon is very close to beervana and I intend to appreciate > that fact in full. You are welcome to visit and persue such scientific > endeavors if you wish. I, personally, get cranked up over such things > when they matter to me. Otherwise I'm content to watch. > > (Again, nothing worth bragging about VC-wise.) > > @ Phil Z.: The WetWesties ReUnion at Union, OR, is now within easy > driving distance. I will see how our energy level is so shortly after > our personal migration and whether we have sufficient wattage remaining > in our batteries to pay a visit! > > (Invitation to WetWesties ReUnion/Bus Pilots Camp-out qualifies as > Vanagon content!) > -- > > Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott > 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus > 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") > 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano > KG6RCR >

-- Neil Nicholson '81 JettaWesty "Jaco http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines http://web.mac.com/tubaneil http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/