Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Aug 2008 21:27:21 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Are Today's Young People Mechanical Nitwits?
Comments: To: Mike <mbucchino@charter.net>

I drove a mid 70's diesel rabbit that was quiet, comfortable, and plenty powerful enough. The owner claimed an average of near 65mpg......i just chose to disregard some of his potential imbelishments. Those 1.6NA's, when in good working order, not a million miles with an Injection pump in need of rebuildng and a complete lack of exhaust or motor mounts are not terrible engines. The problem is our society has gone to the idea of "Fast and Furious". Now a 4 cylinder should be 160hp, and "36" is reserved for Low end garden tractors..... But if you build it right, it's sufficient.

-Craig '85Westy '80 Vanagon Convertible