Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:31:14 -0700
From:         honemastert <honemastert@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon Digest - 14 Aug 2008 to 15 Aug 2008 - Special issue
              (#2008-878)

>have a darkroom where I can process and develop up to > 8x10 negatives, > enlarge up to 4x5 black and white (just not interested > in color) and.. I

that's because color is friggin hard dude! more chemicals, and temperature control has to be right on.. Same here.. plus Mom worked as the editor of the local newspaper (Rose Hill KS population 256 'salute' (ob Hee Haw ref there for ya!)) and I got all the free tri-x pan and processing that I could shoot.

4-H photography project, got me up in my first plane taking aerial shots, doing darkroom work etc:

It was more fun than Boy Scouts in some aspects (mainly there were members of the opposite sex involved!? :-)

However that love of rockclimbing, outdoors and mountains in general grew out of scout summer camps in colorado.

speaking of which.. did you ever see such a technology go by the wayside so fast!? (film to digital)

makes me wonder though with all these memories in 'bits', 'bytes' and 'words' out there on hard drives, CDR and DVD's will my kids be able to pull this stuff up and see those memories years from now?

I've done it with pre WWII era slides, digitized them and they look as good as the day they were taken.

Add another project to the list I suppose..

Friggin job takes too much time away from home projects and stuff that really matters (teaching this stuff to my two boys 4 and 8 yrs old now)

-tim

ps: yes its Fryday at 4:30 and I'm goofing off :-) 90 Syncro Westy Gilbert, AZ http://www.timschneider.org