Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:58:01 -0400
From:         Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: firewall plastic fitting/grommet
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

That's what I was thinking as I contemplated eliminating mine altogether recently. There's so much space available, that it's not even necessary to use any adapter or firewall grommet at all! Just attach the fuel hose directly to the plastic line with one hose clamp. This eliminates 3 possible leak points (the cracked plastic fitting, the front hose clamp to it, and the rear hose clamp to it). What could possibly be more simple than to reduce the number of possible failure points permanently? If the hose needs a bit of support (now that it's hanging freely), a zip tie or 2 will do the job. Just keep an eye on it, and make sure it never falls down to rub on anything sharp or hot.

Mike B.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 1:47 PM Subject: Re: firewall plastic fitting/grommet