Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Aug 2008 16:31:04 -0400
From:         "Anthony A. Luscre" <aluscre@NEO.RR.COM>
Subject:      FS- For Sale  86 Vanagon

For Sale-- 1986 Vanagon GL, 2.1 L , Manual Transmission. "Bronze" Color (has been repainted with original color once over 12 years ago) Beige Clothe Interior If you are interested I have lots of pictures I took earlier today that I can e-mail

The Good- Very Cheap Selling Price!! (basically the first reasonable offer or the best offer by end of August) Interior, carpeting and seats very god condition (excellent for a vehicle of this age) Body has only a few small rust spots in the usual places along the seams near bottom of body near back wheels. No Dents, or accident damage (has never been involved in any type of collision or fender bender) All interior and exterior latches, knobs, handles (with exception of window crank handle on driver's side) are in good working order All gauges work except Odometer (Speedometer works fine) Has Air Condition, but has not had a belt on condenser for over 10 years, Recently the over head duct has had typical breakage near screws. Lots of very good parts- Good Transmission, Shift Linkage, Starter, Radiator, etc. Had been running strong and well until....

The Bad- On it last trip (3 years ago) it lost power about a mile from home. I limped it into driveway and was greeted by puddle of antifreeze and oil under driver's side of engine I am assuming head gasket leak or worse, but I have had no time to even try starting it or pulling apart engine. One side of engine's exhaust pipes and "Y" are rusted out Battery, although not very old, is completely and probably irreversible discharged. Power steering link leaked so the pump has been disconnected for years (again it had no belt on it, so no futher wear) It will need to be towed away.

I have no time (full time job and full time university classes) so I probably cannot "part it out"

If you have a good engine, want to do an engine rebuild or a Subaru conversion (my daughter will not let me take the engine out of her Subaru !) this would be a great starting point.

I am located approximately 10 miles northeast of Akron and 30 miles southeast of Cleveland Ohio (less than 5 miles from Ohio turnpike or 12 from Route 76/80)

Remember, first reasonable offer or best offer by end of August or I will have to call one of the local groups that will pickup any vehicle for free and I would hate to have it go to scrap after many years of faithful service.

Long time lurker, very infrequent poster to mailing list Anthony