Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Aug 2008 16:58:49 -0700
From:         Mark Hersh <cmwolfsburg@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rear cabinets, Weekender vs. Westy
Comments: To: Neil2 <vidublu@gmail.com>

The Weekender's cabinet is shorter, as the rear seat / bed goes across the entire width of the vehicle. Our cabinet is 32 7/8 inches long x 15 1/4 wide and 41 1/4 high. I think the full camper's cabinet is the same width and height, but longer than the Weekender's, as the bed is not full width.

Our Weekender didn't have cabinets, and someone in town had a Weekender cabinet in their full camper. We scored a set of cabinets from an unfortunate soul who took his out to go to the lumber yard when he had an engine fire, and then swapped cabinets with the full camper owner.

Hope this helps,

Mark

-- 86 Campmobile Six-Seater "Monty"

Black dogs are euthanized at a greater rate than other-colored dogs, regardless of temperament. Learn about Black Dog Syndrome at http://www.blackpearldogs.com/

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Neil2 <vidublu@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey volks, > > I've noticed the Weekender cabinet has no closet door but a larger pantry > door (forward of the typical rear pantry door). > > Are the outer cabinet dimensions (footprint especially) the same? > > I'd like to install a Westy cab in me '86 Vanagon. I don't have z bed > cushions presently and need to know if a z bed will work with a Westy rear > cab. > > Please/Thanks! > > -- > Neil2 > '82 Diesel Westfalia (Fwd Puke Qualified) > '86 Vanagon/Westfalia Wannabe (Savannah) > Nunquam Pendite Divendium >