Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:24:03 -0700
From:         Ellen <elleninoregon@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Lola saves the day

This is one of those stories that is too good to be kept to oneself. So we've had this camping trip planned for what seems like 100 years, going to take my friend's mother (who is nearly 91 years old) camping, and of course we are going to take his RV because it is 'more comfortable for his mother than my Lola' *smile* We head out of town Friday about 5 pm. At 6 pm, just short of the Wilson River Highway summit, the RV springs a coolant leak WHICH shorts out the electrical system and we are down on the side of the road. Being in a cell phone 'dead zone' it was 8:30 before the tow truck showed up. (Thank you to the many good samaritans who called in our disabled vehicle). I saw a nice bus and several nice vanagons go by while waiting for the tow truck. *wave* Getting back to my friend's house at 9:30 pm, I suggested rather than scuttling the camping trip altogether, to go to my house Saturday morning and pick Lola up. Lola, as you know by now, resides in my garage, always fully packed to go camping on a moments notice (just add perishable food and whatever clothes you wish to wear). So that's just what we did; and let me tell you, his Mom had a great time. She slept on the bottom bunk (with the cat) and just couldn't get over how great Lola was. Lola is pretty wonderful (and reliable too). The entire trip (173 miles) only cost me $30 for gas. Lola got her usual 20 MPG up over the coast range, and back. I love this van! Looking forward to the big trip in October. Ellen & Lola, '85 Vanagon ASI Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel; stride down there.....and light the bloody thing yourself.' ~Dara Henderson _________________________________________________________________ Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD with Windows®. http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588797/direct/01/