Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:06:30 -0400
From:         Oliver Mueller-Heubach <groundhogging@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: What's the strangest think you've found in a "new" Vanagon
Comments: To: J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>

When I got Chopstick (1980 White, automatic Westy), there was: -a chopstick in place of the top alternator bolt -gold sticker the on over-sink tray from the 1980 Wally Byam (founder of Airstream) 3 Continent Adventure- Europe-Asia-North Africa and caravan number (still looking for info, looks like it was a support vehicle- the van appears to have been bought in Germany and one of the stamps in the manual is from a dealer in Greece - I took Russian, to me, the cyrillic looks like Hliaz Galathz- after that it usually went to Merley VW in State College, PA for service) -a faded green and orange travel toothbrush case with brush with "written on it -several dried leaves under the swivel seats (intentionally pressed, I think?) -Canadian change -blue and red deadhead sticker in middle of back window -some nice late 80s/90s paperwork in glovebox

This past week, I sorted my tools and cleaned up under the bed. I had cleaned the main compartment before, but now I went after the side compartments where the hinges sink into: -Flyswatter from Todd's Auto Sales in Selinsgrove, PA (second owner's freebie, I'm guessing? useful!) -orange tic tac pack (empty) -screws and nuts (most of which where neglecting their duty to hold the Z-bed together- now reinstalled). -2 illegible receipts (might blacklight in case they were van repairs, etc.) -twist of orange flagging tape -library book card from Mary Williams' Dark Flame (UK mystery/occult author) -Rack-O card -Mystic Seaport account balance receipt (1995) -Riverside Markets blue and white striped unused matchbook (anyone know where these stores are regionally?) -black pencil with "IBM Endicott-Owego Quarter Century Club Day" -Catholic Center mass program from Penn State (1986?) -Strip of Walnut plastic veneer (looks too dark for the van) Photocopy of a newspaper clipping- recipe for "Death Row Bourbon Sauce" -more leaves -smarties/sweet tarts type candies roll

I'm sure there is more yet to be found- the place over the outlet sounds intriguing- will get back to you on that.

Oliver Mueller-Heubach groundhogging@mac.com