Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:45:22 -0700
From:         The Westy man <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: towing with a vanagon in an emergency. . .
Comments: To: Brendan Slevin <totorovan@GMAIL.COM>

What leak down test!? Just put your finger in the hole and you'll see if there is any compression, or just put a compression gauge in it. If its an interference engine, it is foked. Head job. Valve changes, etc. Often people drive it beyond the timing belt's life. And it depends of the driving style too. Sure, they are great cars, but just cars and can't really use it for anything else. Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brendan Slevin" <totorovan@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 10:17 PM Subject: towing with a vanagon in an emergency. . .