Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:45:47 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: NVC Might be of interest to some Porsche for sale not mine

I had a '79 924, 5 speed. Great car in an number of ways but definitely lacking in others. Very rigid, tight body, buzzy engine. Greatest asset was fuel economy. Got around 35 mpg driving it home from Florida. I though the gas was broken. Was fairly easy to work on. Many obvious VW parts including the rear suspension and brakes, all Beetle. The AC installation was a bit funky. Voltmeter was replaced with a concentric fan/temp control.

Overall it was a sporty economy car. The 944 was a much better breed.