Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:53:33 -0700
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Nice local '90 GL hardtop back on the market

I posted the following a while back about a local van I found for sale:   “While looking at it the owner approached and gave me some info.  It’s a very nice white van with the cladding, alloys and decent tires, automatic, good glass, and grey cloth interior.  145,000 miles, and she’s owned it since ’92 to transport her daughter.  I saw no dents and no scratches and only slightly faded/scuffed cladding.  No rust that I could see but for a couple of teensy discolored spots in vertical seams.  The bad: it has been parked for about two years and as such is dusty and forlorn-looking, and she said that during a test drive recently one of the belts broke.  She said they have been asking $3000, but that is almost certainly negotiable.

This is a van with a very, very nice body and I hope someone calls about it.  Looks like great candidate for Sube conversion.  Too nice to part out.”   While at the local VW dealer to price some parts I discovered the counterman is a Vanagon driver (maroon Carat) and he is the person who bought the white van and now says it is for sale again. He removed the wheelchair lift and it is now a 7-passenger van.  New heads, he said.  One power window has been replaced with manual and the other still does not work.  The price he mentioned to me is $2000 but we were also talking about other vans so don’t quote me on that.   If anyone out there is interested I would be glad to forward the inquiry, get more info or a phone number.  Let me stress that the body on this van when I saw it last was in VERY nice shape.   Stephen