Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:14:36 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Adding Power Steering
Comments: To: Allan Streib <streib@cs.indiana.edu>

there was a federal law about 'body and fender perforation ........ that certain body areas had to resist corrosion for whatever it was - 15 years or so, In the late 80's I believe. Porsche even had a 911 body shell, that they had treated with their process to meet the requirements of the law, sitting outside in the elements in front of their factory for a while to demonstrate the effectiveness of their process.

so all 90's cars will do better than many mid-80's cars. I also notice that some 70's era cars have nooks and crannies that retain salty mud quite well.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Streib" <streib@cs.indiana.edu> To: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:03 PM Subject: Re: Adding Power Steering