Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:43:13 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine Replacement or Gasket Fix?
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

I haven't noticed anybody mentioning the REAL hard part about the head re-seal ie the exhaust manifold studs.

I'm sure that's the reason the old guy doesn't like doing them - the studs, especially on a Rust-belt van, are going to be very difficult for an experienced pro, let alone a beginner.

Swapping a whole motor with exhaust attached would be cake Robert but those studs are as tricky as it gets in auto repair....

-- Jake 1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" Crescent Beach, BC www.crescentbeachguitar.com http://subyjake.googlepages.com/mydixiedarlin%27