Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Aug 2008 17:47:26 -0400
From:         Oliver Mueller-Heubach <groundhogging@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Are Today's Young People Mechanical Nitwits?
Comments: To: Joy Hecht <hecht.joy@GMAIL.COM>

Depends on what classifies as a good standard of living. Without agriculture, we might be considerably better off in some ways, with more free time and better health within a certain age range. We might only live to 30, but we would be closer to the earth and those around us. At least the 1/10 of a percent of the current population that could sustained without surpluses, etc. I'm not sure we're any better off than most pre-industrial civilizations (even with states, organized religions, and agriculture). It is nice having a Vanagon, though...

Oliver Mueller-Heubach groundhogging@mac.com