Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:11:00 -0700
From:         Mark Hersh <cmwolfsburg@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rear cabinets, Weekender vs. Westy

Monty looks like yours, Chris, except the overhead cabinet has the door as it was from a non-AC model (I suppose the cabinets got stripped out of ours along with the AC stuff).

Monty's original sticker lists under "Standard Equipment:"

"Storage -- Clothes Locker/ 3-Door Closet, Overhead Cabinet, Underneath Seat" Not sure where the third door is, unless they mean the overhead cabinet (which would lose its door for AC if so equipped; since that was a factory option, not sure.. ).

While I'm looking at the sticker.... it says there is a second battery underneath the passenger seat and from what I can tell it that battery is the main battery for the vehicle so they may have not been too picky about what was on the sticker.

$14,700 base vehicle $450 for the AT $195 for "4 speaker radio prep" (no radio or stereo listed on the sticker otherwise--I'll bet the dealer installed one) $165 for rear window wiper/washer $380 for power steering $990 for the AC.

$302 destination charge

Total $17,182.

In today's dollars, 22 years later .... $34,483.77

Too rich for my blood, either 22 years ago or today! Why buy new when used will do?

Mark

-- 86 Campmobile Six-Seater "Monty"

Black dogs are euthanized at a greater rate than other-colored dogs, regardless of temperament. Learn about Black Dog Syndrome at http://www.blackpearldogs.com/

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 6:51 AM, Chris S <szpejankowski@gmail.com> wrote: > I only have pictures of my old "Weekender"... they are not really Weekenders > as the models sold as Weekenders did not have cabinets. These were simply > Wolfsburg Edition campers. > > http://www.knology.net/~vw/vws/camel/12.jpg > http://www.knology.net/~vw/vws/camel/28.jpg > > If you want to see the whole thing, it's here: > http://www.knology.net/~vw/vws/camel/ > > > > On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Neil2 <vidublu@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Hey volks, >> >> I've noticed the Weekender cabinet has no closet door but a larger pantry >> door (forward of the typical rear pantry door). >> >> Are the outer cabinet dimensions (footprint especially) the same? >> >> I'd like to install a Westy cab in me '86 Vanagon. I don't have z bed >> cushions presently and need to know if a z bed will work with a Westy rear >> cab. >> >> Please/Thanks! >> >> -- >> Neil2 >> '82 Diesel Westfalia (Fwd Puke Qualified) >> '86 Vanagon/Westfalia Wannabe (Savannah) >> Nunquam Pendite Divendium >>