Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Aug 2008 06:20:40 -0700
From:         dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: The "other" fuel line burst today
Comments: To: B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>

If you are replacing lines.......ALL should be replaced or the weakest link will surely show itself.

df

----- Original Message ---- From: B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 11:40:16 AM Subject: The "other" fuel line burst today

My van kept up it's usual MO of doing all it's breaking down in my own driveway today. I will pulling down th driveway and smelled gas then I looked up the driveway and saw a large line if gas going up the driveway. I could not find the leak until I finally started the van and saw it squirting out the long plastic line that goes to the "other" side of the van. It must dry pretty quickly because that hose was dry when I was searching for the leak. Anyway, anybody doing a gas line replacement should consider doing this one too. It does not look like it can burst but it can. I also had to go to 4 stores to find the stuff.

Thanks, Bryan