Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Aug 2008 13:35:26 -0400
From:         Edward Duntz <eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      September VW camping in CT

Hello all,

I was planning to go to Buses by the Buoy in Maine the weekend after Labor Day, but they are sold out. Since I'd still like to go camping, I've found a great place here in CT, right on a lake, with cheap, primitive camping. I wanted to see what the interest would be in getting people together to camp then, or the weekends of the 13th or 20th. I live about a half hour from the camping area. I've never camped there, but I think that years ago I was on their hiking trails. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.whitememorialcc.org/campgrounds.html

This area is in Litchfield, CT, in the Berkshire Hills. The MA and NY borders are not far away. It's a rural area, but there are grocery stores and department stores not too far away. Also nearby you can go tubing, kayaking or canoeing on the Housatonic River.

I did conform that they do allow pets on leashes, as I know that is a concern for some.

If anyone is interested, e-mail me at erduntz©hotmail.com and let me know which weekend you're interested in, and maybe we can get a group together.

For those going to other events on the East Coast, this would be in between Kampers Near Knoebels in Bloomsburg, PA on Labor Day weekend, and Pony Pitch in Assateague Island in MD the last weekend of September.

I'm also going to post this to other lists of Vanagon/Bus owners, and feel free to spread the word to any list that you think would be appropriate. Thanks.

Ed Duntz _________________________________________________________________ Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find out how. http://www.windowslive.com/explore/messenger?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_yahoo_082008